The Forstner Ladder Bracelet
The ladder (or hollow oyster-style) bracelet is among the most revered vintage watch bracelet designs. Like Forstner's Rivet bracelet, the Ladder bracelet was originally made (in several different configurations) by distinguished bracelet manufacturer Gay Frères in the mid-to-late twentieth century. In its most recognizable form, it was notably paired with the original Zenith El Primero. Forstner has created its own version of this classic design, with a "universal" (straight end piece) fit such that it can fit a variety of different watches.
The Forstner Ladder bracelet recreates the look of the vintage ladder bracelet, but is updated for fit and convenience. Here are some specifics:
- Fully brushed finish
- 316L stainless steel
- Solid removable links (via a single screw system)
- Fits wrists ranging from approximately 6-8 inches in circumference (15-20cm)
- Clasp has the well-known micro-adjust system
- Tapered construction (all sizes taper to 16mm at the clasp)
- Offered in sizes (measured at the end piece) 18mm, 19mm, 20mm, 21mm & 20mm
Note: Forstner made multiple versions of the Ladder bracelet to ensure the tapered construction would be visibly pleasing regardless of which end piece width is selected. See photos for details (the Zenith El Primero has 19mm lugs, whereas the Rolex Submariner has 20mm lugs).