Forstner's Take on the 1450 Bracelet
The vintage Omega 1450 Bracelet has been famously lauded as "one of the best Speedmaster bracelets that has been produced," and is now routinely dubbed the "holy grail" of Omega bracelets. It is substantial, extremely comfortable, and well-engineered. With differently-sized rounded links extending all the way to the end piece (which itself is so rounded it doesn't extend flush to the lugs), it has an unmistakably distinctive look.
Forstner has faithfully recreated the 1450 bracelet (including true-to-original rounded solid H-shaped end pieces), with some extra features for convenience and comfort.
The Forstner President bracelet is currently offered for the pre-2021 Speedmaster Professional case (20mm lug width) and the First Omega in Space case (19mm lug width). The bracelet is solid 316L stainless steel, and links taper from either 20mm or 19mm at the widest link (depending on the selected size), to 16mm at the clasp. To ensure optimal comfort throughout the day without need for adjustment, Forstner has included two "stretchy" links behind the clasp.
Here are the specifics:
- Width Options: 20mm (for Speedmaster Pro) and 19mm (for First Omega in Space). Width measured at the widest link of the bracelet as well as end link.
- Taper to 16mm at clasp.
- Length: adjustable (via screws and micro-adjustment in clasp) from 120mm to 180mm (fits wrists ranging from approximately 6 to 8 inches).
- Fully brushed finish throughout.
- Two spring-loaded "stretch" links behind clasp for comfort.
- Spring bars intended for use with this bracelet are provided with each order (OEM Omega bars may not work).
Additional end links available HERE